Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] How to get text output from tethereal

From: Adam Ripka <aripka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:15:20 -0500
Hi all,

I did not receive a response for my first question on vnc capturing, let's see if I have better luck with this one.

I am trying to capture using tethereal and get a nice text file as output. I tried

tethereal -a duration:30 -f icmp -i (name of device) -n -T text -w "test.txt"

This worked out great except for the text part. I've tried this using ethereal i.e. I've captured and then exported to a text file and this worked out fine but using tethereal I get unreadable output.

Can anyone please help me? How can I get a nice little text file from the command line?

Thanks in advance,
Adam