Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Microsoft Word Document captured via SMTP

From: "James L. Burden (WCI)" <jburden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:31:27 -0500
You can password protect the MS Word document and the only plain text you
should see is Microsoft headers stating the type of encryption being used
and the version of Word and such (both top and bottom of file).  PKZip with
a password is similar.

The passwords use to be easy to break as long as you had the right programs
for both Word or PKZIP.  So, passwords that you can find in a dictionary
should be a big no no.  Short of S/MIME or PGP this is the next best
thing...

-JB