Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ETHEREAL ERROR MESSAGE!

From: Scott Lowrey <slowrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:23:32 -0500
Stop shouting.  :)  Assuming you understand the concepts of network packet analysis and the English language, the message is clear: Ethereal is encountering an unexpected end-of-file.

There are several things that may cause this.  Did you transfer the file to another computer with FTP?  Did you run out of disk space?  Is name resolution enabled?  Did you search the email archives and FAQ at ethereal.com?

mail.panino@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hey guys,

i´ve got some trouble with my ethereal.
when I captured a file a save the one (save as) then there is an error: " The capture file appears to have been cut short in the middle of a packet." The file is saved, but I don´t understand the error. Please use an easy English! What can I do?

thank you