Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ETHEREAL ERROR MESSAGE!

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 03:16:31 -0800
mail.panino@xxxxxxxx wrote:

i´ve got some trouble with my ethereal.
when I captured a file a save the one (save as) then there is an error: " The capture file appears to have been cut short in the middle of a packet." The file is saved, but I don´t understand the error.

So you start a capture, and then stop the capture by clicking the "Stop" button. Do you get the "The capture file appears to have been cut short in the middle of a packet" error after you stop the capture and before you save it? Or do you get the error when you save the capture? What happens if you quit Ethereal and then try to read the file you saved?