Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Managed switch and ethereal

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:02:09 -0800
David DuPre wrote:
Yes.  "Port Mirroring" or "Port Spanning".
One or the other will get it.

...at lest for Dell; if it's 3Com, apparently it's the "Roving Analysis Port":

	http://wiki.ethereal.com/SwitchReference_2f3Com

and if it's Cisco, it's "Switched Port Analyzer" or "SPAN":

	http://wiki.ethereal.com/SwitchReference_2fCiscoSystems

The top level page:

	http://wiki.ethereal.com/SwitchReference

has links to pages for other vendors, and "stub" links to not-yet-created pages for still other vendors. If your switch isn't listed, check the documentation for the switch, and update the Wiki....