Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ip packet error rate

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:08:10 -0500
On 05:52 AM 3/4/2005, Peyrusse Olivier-r49444 wrote:
>I would want to get the packet error rate at IP level when doing a data transfer. Is it possible with Ethereal (by default or by implementing a filter)? I have tried to find info on this topic in the user guide and FAQ but I couldn't.

Hmmm.  I think you're really talking about TCP level errors.  Are you referring to tcp retransmissions, segment loss etc?  Or are you talking about IP packets only with no TCP above it?

If you really care about IP level issues, look at "Expression", "IP", and then look at the analysis options such as ip.checksum_bad etc.

hsb