Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] SMB Trans2 request

From: Prize Jose <PJose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:27:31 -0500
Hell All,

Can some one please explain me the meaning of  'SMB Trans2 ' request and
response.

One of our windows XP user was complaining about a poor response and I took
the ethereal trace.

I see a large number of  SMB Trans2 request and response for the same file
(FID)  which is causing the delay.

I am giving the details from the SMB just in case this helps ???

Can this be a problem?

Trans2 Request (0x32)
Word Count(WCT) : 15
Total Parameter Count : 4
Total Data Count : 0
Max Parameter Count: 2
Max Data Count : 24
Max Setup Count: 0
Reserved:00
Flags: 0x0000
Timeout: Return Immediately(0)
Reserved: 0000
Parameter Count : 4
Parameter Offset :68
Data count : 0
Data offset: 0
Setup Count : 1
Reserved:00
Subcommand: QUERY_FILE_INFO (0x0007)
Byte Count (BCC):7
Padding:0000

QUERY_FILE_INFO Parms
FID:0x8001
Level of Interest: Query File Standard  Info(1005)

Thanks for any help

Prize Jose