Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ethereal_0_10_8

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:08:04 -0800
Muzalina Zakaria wrote:

I've done some captures on ethereal_0_10_6. If I view these captures in ethereal_0_10_8, will I be able to get PDU times and TCP retransmission time out?

It doesn't make a difference how the packets were captured - captures from 0.10.6 are in the same file format as 0.10.8, so the Ethereal features in question should work equally well with 0.10.6 captures or 0.10.8 captures or tcpdump captures (as long as the snapshot length is long enough - Ethereal's default snapshot length is 65535 bytes, which captures all of the packet, but tcpdump's is 68 or 96 bytes) or captures from other applications whose captures Ethereal can read.

Please explain more on PDU.

If you're referring to the item

	 Ethereal can now track TCP PDU times. See the  wiki page for more details.

in the Ethereal 0.10.8 announcement, the version of the announcement on the Ethereal Web site links to an item in the Ethereal Wiki:

	http://wiki.ethereal.com/TcpPduTime