Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] How to start ethereal with capture filters enabled already

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 02:56:03 -0800
Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
Yes, thank you for the advise, I know about this possibility but how about several filters at once,

Ethereal can't capture with more than one filter at once, just as Tethereal and tcpdump can't.

What do you mean by "enabled"? If you mean you want to add to the list of filters from which you can choose in the UI, you can do that by editing (or creating) the "cfilters" file (see the man page for a description of the directory in which it exists - it's ~/.ethereal on UN*X).