Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Gbps ethereal functionality check

From: "Nousiainen, Jarno" <jarno.nousiainen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:03:37 +0100
Ok now PreviousSegmentLost shows. Seems like Os X is missing 0,3% of
packets. I tried to capture data into 200MB pieces of files, average
speed rate was 63Mbps. OS needs some fine tuning I think.

What Linux flavor are you using and what hardware, if I may ask?

Bottleneck could be writing to HDD is so large pieces..?

I have PowerPC G4 with 1,5GHz processor
Bus speed is 167MHz
L2 cache is 512kB
HDD is Hitachi ATA disk 74,53GB