Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] A few questions...

From: "Amir Oded" <Oded.Amir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:45:17 +0200
Title: A few questions...

Hi,

I am trying to use "tetheeal" for automatic testing in my work place, and I came across two problems:

1. I know it is possible to start capturing from the command line, and I am wondering if there is a command for stopping the capture and saving it to a file using a different

    command. Until now all I could accomplish was start and capture within a single command. What I need is the option to start and stop the capture in two commands

    instead of one. Is this supported by tethereal?

2. In order to use the capture files in my environment I need to use the "print" option from the file menu, and then printing to a file in expended mode (I am using a parser

    for the results), is there a possibility to do this from the command line, and that the capture savefile will automatically be in that format.

    Further more, are there more options for the command line parameters whice are not mentioned in the help file?

    Keep up the good work, and thanks in advance for your time and patience.

    Oded Amir

    Comverse.