Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] how cani use mergecap for winxp?

From: nooshin bigdeli <n_bigdeli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:51:01 -0700 (PDT)
hi
for using the command  "mergecap -w output_file.cap *" , where i should copy my capture files, i.e. * points to where?

thanks!

Ian Schorr <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
See the very recent thread on a nearly identical question:

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200410/msg00222.html
http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200410/msg00227.html

I'm not sure offhand if the "mergecap -w output_file.cap *" method
mentioned in that second linked post would work on Windows XP offhand,
but I'm guessing it will.

Otherwise, scripting (or a lot of typing) might be an option. You
could probably do it with a DOS batch file, or a shell script if you
have Cygwin installed. Or WSH if you have that installed...

Ian