Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] a strange question

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:37:00 +0800
hello,
      I am an engineer of chinamobile,and I do love the ethereal.But I
still have some problems.
My notebook is IBM T23,and I installed 2 OS.One is WindowsXP+sp2,and the
other is win98.I installed
ethereal in both OS:
win98:winPcap3.0+ethereal 0.10.7
winxp:winPcap2.3+ethereal 0.10.7
I use ethereal in win98 well,but in winxp,i have a strang question.When i
dialup throupht the serial port,
(using a moblie phone as a modem by the GPRS network),i find the ethereal
has captured the
packeet,but the windows application(ping,ftp software) seems  getting
nothing(SEE ATTACH FILE).
AND i find that if i am capturing the lan adpater's packet,i can ping
well,and the aplications all work well.
      I do wish your answer.
            thank u.
            (See attached file: pingfail.jpg)(See attached file:
pingok.jpg)(See attached file: setup.jpg)