Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] How to disable a decode in startup ?

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:34:04 +0200
febod wrote:
> I am trying to monitor an application that uses tcp
> port 1099 frequently, and ethereal keeps decoding it
> as Java RMI.  I can select the packet and choose 'do
> not decode', but everytime I restart my sniffer I have
> to manually go in an do it each time.
>
> Where/How do I set the defaults not decode Java/RMI
> port 1099.

Unfortunately you cannot save decode as settings currently.

You can however disable protocols from the "Analyze/Enabled protocols..." dialogue.

If you uncheck RMI in the list of enabled protocols and press Save+Apply+OK the
dissection of RMI will be disabled until you enable it again, i.e.
no need to disable each time you start Ethereal.