Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal 0.10.6 - Megaco -> sometimes Malformed Packet

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:01:16 +0200
Hi,

The following error occurs to some Megaco messages that I capture:
Ethereal gives a [Malformed Packet] error ...

I see no fault in the Megaco messages itself, so I have no idea why
Ethereal concludes it is a malformed packet ? Maybe Ethereal is not
unpacking all the different packages of Megaco yet ?
Eg:

!/1 [200.80.28.57] T=1015 {C=1 {N=tdm/1/1{OE=203{ctyp/dtone{dtt=V21flag}}}}}

I have attached an example capture with a couple of 'malformed' packets..

Hope you see what is wrong,

   Jan Van Opstal
   Solution Validation Test Engineer

Note: the same error messages also occured in previous versions of Ethereal ...