Ethereal-users: Re: Re: [Ethereal-users] t38

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:17:10 +0200
Lars Ruoff wrote:

> No, as far as i know there is still no "final fix" for the problem.
> However you can choose to decode as T.38 as follows:
> The problem is that some RTP decoding is applied before the user Decode
> As... choice is applied.
> This is most likely due to H.225 or similar signalling which sets up the RTP
> conversation.
> So, to prevent automatic RTP decoding you might consider disabling the H.225
> or similar protocol.
> This will result in the corresponding RTP/T.38 packets not being decoded as
> RTP (they will remain UDP).
> Then you can enforce these conversations to be decoded as T.38

I think it can be really complicated to solve the problem in a good way.
I looked into this a while ago.

Maybe we should add a preference setting to H.225 dissector so that it can be selectable if
it should setup a RTP conversation, or not.
It is not to nice to have to disable H.225 protocol.

It could also be possible to make it start-up a conversation for a "T.38 or RTP" protocol that
calls either RTP disector or T.38 depending on the RTP version bit.