Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] data vs packet length

From: Sanja Ivackovic <sanja2g@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 05:50:38 -0700 (PDT)
There are some problems with running Ethereal on my PC
(Win ME). In order to go-around this, I need to export
ethereal captures to Excel files. What I really need
is to compare the all-in-all packet sizes with the
user data packed, for a large number of packets (abt.
12000 in each measurement). The result would be the
average % of data in a packet, which I will compare
with the headers lenght and if it is equal, I will
conclude that the CIR (SCR for ATM) is reached. If
there is less data, than the equipment might need to
be reconfigured. So, it would be best if anyone can
suggest how to show the statistics of 'data' quoted in
the analysis window for each packet, compared to no.
of bytes captured for the same packet. If this is not
possible in the Ethereal, then please tell me how to
export Ethereal files into MS Office 97 Excel. I
haven't found any appropriate ODBCs.

Many thanks and Regards,

SanjaM