Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] WinPcap_3_1_beta_3 and Ethereal 0.10.6 works on Win XP Pro SP2,

From: "Jeffrey S. Johnson" <HelpJSJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:03:46 -0400

Greetings.

            For what it’s worth, I spent part of this evening trying to get Ethereal 0.10.6 executable to work on Win XP SP2.  The regular downloaded version of WinPCap 3.0 did not play well.  Ethereal could not find any network adapters (blamed WinPCap).  When I uninstalled WinPCap 3.0 and tried the WinPCap 3.1 Beta 3,  I could identify my adapters and begin capturing packets.

            Hope this saves someone else some time.

Jeffrey[AT]JSJComputers.com