Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Pre - Release 0.10.7 Problems

From: "Keith A French" <keithfrench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:24:32 +0100
I have put this post on both the users & the dev lists, as I am not sure which is the best one.

I have been doing some testing with the latest pre-release of 0.10.7 (ethereal-setup-20040930161108.exe) on Win98SE, Win2k & WinXP. This is what I have encountered:-

All Versions:-

The Capture Filter Dialog has the "OK" button missing on it.

Win98SE:-

With WinPcap 3.1 beta 3 the program stops responding when trying to open the main capture dialog and also the preferences one. However, both work OK with WinPcap 3.0 final. As far as I can see there are no other problems under Win98SE.

Win2K:-

Using WinPcap 3.1 beta 3 I could find no problems.

Win XP Pro (SP2):-

With Winpcap 3.1 beta 3 no problems on capture, but when trying to save you get a DOS box with the following errors:-

Gdk-Warning gdkdrawable-win32.c:1587: BitBlt failed: The handle is invalid
adns warning: datagram receive error :Unknown error

I have seen a post that suggests a problem with name resolution for this latter one, but I am only using the default of MAC & Transport name resolution. However I have noticed a new option under name resolution in the preferences of "Enable concurrent DNS name resolution" which was ticked. Unticking this seems to have sorted these problems and it now saves OK.

Keith French.

---