Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] TAPI Frames Capture

From: Juan José Navamuel Castillo <jnavamuel@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:13:45 +0200
Hello everyone!

I've just started a new project which involves developing an application that talks with a PBX using Microsoft TAPI.

I'm using Ethereal to capture frames between PC and PBX, but captured frames are not decoded as TAPI. Higher protocol layer decoded
is UDP, and I cannot choose TAPI as the type of protocol for these frames in the "Decode as..." menu.

However, TAPI is avaliable within filtering expresions, but when I set a filter such as "tapi.rc" (that is "return code is present")
all frames are filtered out.

Traffic I'm capturing comes from a working commercial application, so the content of TAPI messages is correct. So I've discarded
that this could be the reason I cannot see anything.

So, my question is: is it possible to decode TAPI messages content using Ethereal???
(I'm running Ethereal 0.10.04 on Windows XP)

Thanks for your attention!

Best regards,

Juanjo

Juan J. Navamuel

Instituto Tecnológico de Aragón (ITA)
Address:   María de Luna 8, 50018 Zaragoza (Spain)
Phone:     +34 976 71 62 50
Fax:       +34 976 71 65 39
e-mail:    jnavamuel@xxxxxx