Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Play audio snifed with ethereal

From: James Cloos <cloos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 16:16:11 -0700
Arg.  Forgot to add:

The resulting file is a raw dump of whatever codec the rtp was using.
You can use eg sox(1) to encapsulate or convert that to something that
your audio-playing apps understand.

If it is a codec sox(1) doesn't understand, you'll need to get the
reference code for the codec to convert it to something sox(1) does
grok.  Ie the ref code for g729 from the itu, the code in the ilbc
draft/rfc, speexdec(1), etc.

-JimC