Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Odd traffic help

From: "Ruiz, Mike" <ruiz@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 11:53:12 -0400

I was hoping someone out there can help me determine what some unusual traffic I’m seeing from a workstation on my network really is.  The traffic is multicast to destination ip 234.2.3.4 with a varying source port and a destination port of UDP 7000 always at the next layer it determines it is reliable UDP (RUDP).  It says its Malformed Cisco SM protocol but this is a newly loaded patched and clean Windows XP machine, I can’t find any spyware, Trojans, etc…

Any thoughts?

Please reply directly if possible to ruiz@xxxxxxx

-

Michael G. Ruiz – ESSE, ACP, A+