Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] what do we do next?

From: "Dixon, Bob" <Bob.Dixon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:05:42 -0400
I would try and see if someone on his local network can RDP to his machine. You can use telnet to test whether tcp/3389 is open and accepting connections (in a cmd window, type "telnet <ip addr> 3389"). You will not get any human-readable feedback, but if the command window stays open, you will know that the telnet session connected.

More than likely, unless you are going through a VPN tunnel or on a totally private (and somewhat open) network, your connection to his machine would not be allowed by his company's firewall.