Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] what do we do next?

From: "Francisco Alcoba (ML/EEM)" <francisco.alcoba@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 08:39:24 +0200

tcptraceroute ( at http://michael.toren.net/code/tcptraceroute/ ), which I have never used, so I cannot guarantee it will work, claims to perform traceroute with TCP packets, so you might use it for testing connectivity for your specific type of connection, in case ping or normal traceroute dont give you a hint. Of course, having ethereal working in your client and seeing if there is any abnormal answer to your SYNs might also help, in case you haven't done it yet.