Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] AIM dissector enhanced?

From: "Timothy P. Cornish" <dont_spam_tpcornish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:34:00 -0700
When viewing captured AIM packets in version 0.10.2 I would see message traffic displayed like:

   Message from: NBdrizzums -> wats up?
   Message to: NBdrizzums -> how ya doin?

With 0.10.4 I see:

   SNAC data, Messaging, Incoming
   SNAC data, Messaging, Outgoingto: NBdrizzums

From the same 2 packets as in the first example. The message text is visible in the packet bytes window, but it was much better in the packet list window.
I see the same behavior on RedHat Linux 8.x and win2k.
Is this a bug, or a feature?

--
Any and all opinions presented herein are my own and do not, in any
way, represent the opinion or policy of JPL, CalTech, or NASA.

I do not accept responsibility for unexpected collisions between NASA
vehicles and Alien cruisers or worlds, nor any resulting interplanetary war.