Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] airsnort wants a pcap file.. how to output that?

From: Peter Marquardt <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 01:52:10 +0200
Hi

I am using Ethereal in Win XP SP2 to capture packets which I then feed AirSnort compiled in Windows. AirSnort wants a "pcap File" and I thought that was what Ethereal wrote by default, but since it's importing an ungodly huge number of packets without ever stopping I am wondering if my compile of AirSnort went wrong or if rather the tcpdump format of Ethereal is not what AirSnort calls "pcap".

Any help from you will be greatly appreciated.

-- Peter