Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] VLAN Traffic

From: Marco van den Bovenkamp <marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 01:30:25 +0200
M.Okunishi wrote:

> The switch setting looks good, so I wonder if I have to change any setting
> or getting additional driver to see VLAN? Can anybody advise me or check

I'm not convinced your switch settings are correct. Is the port where
the box running Ethereal is connected to configured as an
802.1Q-encapsulated trunk?

If so, are more than just the native VLAN bound to that port?

This because Ciscos (which you're most likely using, from the capture)
do not tag the native VLAN for the port by default.

--

		Regards,

			Marco.