Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Thanks. And I can't find a feature I expect is there

From: Jack Jackson <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 06:39:22 -0700
At 12:17 AM 5/11/2004, Guy Harris wrote:
On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 11:13:55PM -0400, Judy or Chuck Bradley (maybe both) wrote:
> Now for my problem.  I have used other network analyzers
> that had a general way to replace an address by a name.

What do you mean by "a general way" and "replace an address by a name"?

I suspect the poster meant a way to display a text name instead of a MAC address. The ancient version of Observer that I sometimes use has that, and it can be useful to identify what machine local traffic is from in a more human understandable way.