Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: Ethereal-devUsing doxygen for generating developer document

From: Wes Hardaker <wjhns36@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 09:54:32 -0700
>>>>> On Mon, 10 May 2004 10:54:53 +0200, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> said:

Ulf> What do other's think of this idea?

I've used doxygen with Net-SNMP a lot, and it's definitely nice.  It's
not perfect, but it's nicer than editing manual pages directly which
is something we did for a long time too.  The hard part is getting it
set up to do what you want with the output.  Yes, it does generate
html which is nice but what I found about it is that it doesn't
generate "nice to navigate" html.  It's hard to figure out where to
start.  EG:

  http://www.net-snmp.org/tutorial-5/agent/

That's the default output.  It's not really clear that it's best to
click on "modules" at the top, though thats probably the best place to
start its not the default.  So, it's not automatic.  It does take some
wrapper-work to make it ideal.  And you also have to do a good job
setting up the module hierarchy to get the best use of it as well.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta