Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Absolute time information in capture files?

From: Lars Roland <Lars.Roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 18:07:13 +0200
Lars Ruoff wrote:
Hi List,
some questions regarding absolute time information:
- Is there any absolute time information saved with libcap capture files?
Yes.

(so as to know when the capture took place in UTC)
- If so, how to show that information?

Menu: View->Time Display Format->Date and Time of Day

I tried changing a column to "Absolute Time" with the Preferences->User
Interface->Columns dialog, but that didnt change anything. :(

That should work, too. Did you save preferences and restart Ethereal? Changing a format of a column of the packet list in the preferences requires that. However the default format of the time column (it is called "command line specified") will allow you to switch the displayed time format using the menu.

Regards,

Lars