Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] HMIPv6 problem with Ethereal

From: Lorand Jakab <jlori@xxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 15:33:00 +0200
On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 15:22, ranko martinic wrote:
> Hi Lori!
>
> Our collegue is running USAGI MIPLv6 0.9.5 + IPsec on the same network and
> ethereal 0.10.3 is showing Binding messagess so I think maybe our MIPL
> 0.9.4 is possibly unsuported by this version of Ethereal.
>
> In our case mipdiag is showing that the binding occured. The packet that is
> BU, ethereal interprete as IPv6 destinations option. In this packet that
> should be BU ethereal is showing two destination option headers. One that
> is correct and the second one that should be Mobility header, but its
> empty. We tried to use older version of ethereal (0.9.6) and it also showed
> us the same thing but the second destination option header contained BU
> message. (But ethereal that header interprete as IPv6 destination header
> insted of Mobility header).
>

> We are Linux newbies so if you think that your patch could help us, please
> tell us how to apply it. If you have some other suggestions, please contact
> us. Thank you in advance.
>
>                 Regards,

Well, it's not my patch, it was posted by Guy Harris on this list, and
from what you say, I don't think it would help you. In my case, BU
packets were recognized, so the problem is open. You should post a
binary capture file that reproduces the problem (but only with the
relevant packets, so it is small) to the ethereal-dev list, maybe
someone is able to help you.

Lori