Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] problem building ethereal 0.10.1 on linux kernel 2.4.2-2

Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 17:53:55 +0530

hi ,

  i downloaded this, but my system didnt have gtk or glib or atleast
glib-config and gtk-config didnt show anything, so i downloaded 1.2.10
version of both of these and built them, glib went off well, but the
./configure for gtk(which requires glib) dint work, it says "glib-config
--version gives the version as 1.2.10 but glib versiob 1.2.8 found, so
delete the old version" . In /usr/lib I found a lib binary libglib*.0.0.8,
I deleted that, but still ./configure for gtk doesnt work, it says glib not
found .. so is this a bug with glib, glib-config --version says 1.2.10
installed but actually onlu version 1.2.8 is installed ?

thanks
Amit

Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>@ethereal.com on 05/06/2004 01:49:09 PM

Please respond to Ethereal user support <ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx>