Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Clarification on licensing

From: "Chandra R" <rchandra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:54:31 +0530
Hi all,

I would like to get somethings clarified regarding GPL license.

The usage scenario is like this:
1) A TCL script would spawn a "tethereal" program using TCL's
    'open' or 'exec' command.
2) The script would read the program's output and make some
    decisions by doing string matching.

My question is: Should the calling TCL script be a GPL source?
Or can it be designated as proprietary?

-- Chandra.

Chandrasekar R
Software Engineer