Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] duplicated IP packets

From: "Alberto Ferrari" <alberto.ferrari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 08:55:04 +0200
Hello all,
	I'm sniffing a network trough a monitor port of a cisco catalyst switch,
and I saw that all the packet captured are duplicated, another not free
sniffer-like software that I tested capture exactly the same situation.

	Has anybody seen a situation like that ? How this can happen ? It can be a
misconfiguration of the switch ?

	I'm using ethereal in Win2K with winpcap 2.3 but I also try to donwgrade
winpcap to a stable version version and the problem is still there.

Alberto Ferrari
alberto.ferrari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tracking #: D866C3C5C795BB41B48710A1B96940830826A29A