Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] I need your help for 802.11 raw packets

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:27:38 +0100
Snowboarder wrote:
<    I am a user of ethereal and I use it to capture 802.11 raw packets in linux.i use ethereal 0.9.7 and libpcap 0.7.2 and linux-wlan-ng <0.2.0 .I want to know why can't I use ethereal to capture 802.11 raw packets in windows.Does it not support monitor mode or other <reason? can you tell me?

http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q5.27

http://winpcap.polito.it/misc/faq.htm#Q-16

http://www.ethereal.com/media.html

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200302/msg00038.html

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200302/msg00041.html

<    I know if i use libpcap 0.7.1 to capture raw packets I need another patch. Is this patch added to the libpcap 0.7.2 ?I wish to know <what this pacth do?

I don't know the answer to that question. Someone else can probably give you an answer to that question.