Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] help

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 21:17:42 +0200
Massimo Franseco Lulleri wrote:
<I have a ethereal verion 9.11, I'm using it to see the Voip messages, unfortunately I don't able to see the
<Q.931 and H.323 when I'm doing the caprure during a Voip call.
<Please can you help me?

Are you sure it's H.323 traffic? There are some other protocols used for VOIP also.

Is the computer where Ethereal is running connected to an IP switch and the H.323 signalling going
between other computers in the network or could there be any other reason why Ethereal cannot
cpature those packets?
http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q5.1
http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q5.2

Is the H.323 signalling loop-back on the computer (cannot be captured on some OSes)?
http://www.ethereal.com/media.html

Are you using some capture filters or display filters?