Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Problem with new installation.

From: "Wozny, Scott" <swozny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:19:46 -0400
Martin,

It's looking like you're right.  The directory that tethereal was
reporting all the errors from is the same one that I have a MIBDIRS
value pointing to.  I took out the MIBS and and MIBDIRS variables and
both ethereal and tethereal started running fine (just taking out
MIBDIRS cleared up the tethereal errors, but still kept the apps from
running).

I could remove the offending application and (presumably) ethereal will
behave fine (but I kind of want to keep it around) or I could back rev
to before 0.9.8, but I'd rather fix the problem and use the current
version if I could.  I did some poking around the NET-SNMP project
website on sourceforge but couldn't figure out which specific problem
MIBS and necessary imports you were speaking about.  Do you have a link
to the specific ASN.1 stanzas I need to add into these MIBs to make
NET-SNMP happy with them?

Thanks very much for your help,

Scott A. Wozny
Enterasys, NYC