Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Does anybody know how to save the captured packets in a txt

From: "Joshua Wright" <Joshua.Wright@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:31:38 -0500
Gang,

Depending on what format you are looking for, you might try using tethereal with a few different options:

+ A brief description of each packet, with a hex dump
	"tethereal -i eth0 -nx | tee outfile.txt"

+ A verbose description of each packet
	"tethereal -i eth0 -nV | tee outfile.txt"

If you have a captured file you want to convert from text, you can pass it through tethereal with any of these options using the "-r capfile" option.

Does this question warrant an answer in the FAQ?

-Joshua Wright
Senior Network and Security Architect
Johnson & Wales University
Joshua.Wright@xxxxxxx
http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/

pgpkey: http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/pgpkey.htm
fingerprint: FDA5 12FC F391 3740 E0AE BDB6 8FE2 FC0A D44B 4A73