Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Does anybody know how to save the captured packets in a txt

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:56:01 -0800
On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 10:21:19AM -0800, Gang Peng wrote:
> Does anybody know how to save the captured packets in a txt file?

What do you mean by "save the captured packets in a t[e]xt file"?

If you mean you want a printed human-readable description of the
packets, of the sort that you get in the middle pane of the Ethereal
display, you do that by using the "Print" item in the "File" menu and
printing to a file, with "Print detail" specified.

To get a list of the packets of the sort you see in the topmost pane, do
the same, but specify "Print summary".