Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] problems loading ethereal 9.11 on windows 2000

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:25:23 +0200
Warning: I'm not a Windows user, so what I'm telling you is just something
I remember from reading posts on this list....
Hmm, ok, I looked it up :
http://winpcap.polito.it/install/default.htm
has the following to say on uninstalling older winpcap versions:
WARNING: you must uninstall older versions (see Q-2 in the FAQ to know how)
and reboot the system before installing the new ones, otherwise WinPcap
could not work properly.

You wrote that you did reboot between some other steps, but not between
uninstalling the old winpcap and installing the new one.

 ciao
    Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                            <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
We are stuck with technology when what we really want ist just stuff that