Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] How to display length

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:26:41 -0800
On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 09:46:30AM +0200, EBOT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> When you have filtered the frame, you can print summary in a file, and open
> it with Excel, but this summary doesn't include the frame's length and it's
> one of the most information I wanted. Printing detail is not a solution
> because the file is not really usable with Excel. I tried to had a columns
> in "Preferences" but It doesn't work ... ?

Unfortunately, Ethereal currently doesn't handle the column preferences
as well as it should - if you change the column preferences, you have to
save the preferences and restart Ethereal for the new settings to take
effect.

At least in the current CVS version (but it should work in all recent
versions, at least), adding a length column, saving preferences,
restarting Ethereal, and printing a summary to a file does add a column
with the packet length.