Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] 802.1Q and capture filters

From: "McNutt, Justin M." <McNuttJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 06:47:55 -0500
Scenario:  I'm capturing 802.1Q tagged traffic on a 100TX Ethernet.  Using this filter, I can successfully capture all of the traffic I want:

vlan and host 128.206.95.229

However, if I stop the capture, then try to start the capture again using the same filter (I don't even click in the field), Ethereal fails with the error "Unable to parse filter string (expression rejects all packets)."

Once I get that message, *any* capture filter fails.

I'm using Ethereal 0.9.5 on a fully-patched RedHat 7.2 system.

Ideas?

--J