Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] how to dissect packets in mobile ipv6?

From: "Huang Qian" <huangq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:10:15 +0800
Hi,Dear All,

I captured the RTP packets in Mobile IPv6 environment with ethereal, i.e.
the mobile node handover between the home network and foreign network during
the capturing process. I know ethereal calls the libpcap to capture those
packets, I wonder whether the handover will influnce the libpcap, for
example, if i only use the correspondent node's address ( which won't be
changed during the handover) as the filter, will ethereal on mobile node
capture all the packets send from the CN, no matter how MN moves ? If so,
whether pcap on MN knows its address has been changed?

Since I use ethereal on MN captured all those handover packets, I write
another procedure, which calls the libpcap, to dissect the rtp header by
reading the ethereal captured file. And I use the CN's address as the
filter, unfortunately, I could only see the packets which received by MN in
its home network, whereas ethereal also displays those in its foreign
network after handover, so I wonder whether the Handover also influence the
pcap function? if so, what has been influnced? How ethereal deals with this
situation?

Your kind assistance is highly appreciated.
Thank you very much!

Yours Sincerely,
Qian Huang