Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Two GUI related bugs in win32

From: "Nathan Yoder" <njyoder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 23:50:36 -0400
I'm using:
ethereal-0.9.5
gtk+-1.3.0-20020313

I have two problems with the GUI ethereal for win32. The first is that ethereal is constantly trying to either "put itself on top" whenever it recieves a packet. By "put itself on top" I mean it will pop up in front of all other windows if it's behind any, or in the case when it's minimized it will simply put the current window I'm working in, in the background (titlebar greyed out). This is happens when ethereal is operating with the packet list auto updating, and auto scrolling options set.

The second problem I had is that when I right click for a context menu in ethereal, then click outside the window in to a window from another program they context menu doesn't disappear. Instead, it just stays there hovering on top, and the only way to make it go away is to either go back into ethereal and click in another part of the ethereal window or to select an item from the menu.