Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal 0.9.3 + Aironet 350 "Unknown data link type 105"

From: "Aron Silverton" <ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:54:26 -0500
Hi,

I apologize if I missed something obvious from prior discussions or in the FAQ.

I have just set up a new notebook to be a WLAN sniffer. I am running FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE and have:

# ethereal -v
ethereal 0.9.3, with GTK+ 1.2.10, with GLib 1.2.10, with libpcap 0.6,
with libz 1.1.3, with UCD SNMP 4.2.5

My Aironet 350 has:

Hardware revision 00:22
Software revision 04:25

When attempting to capture packets in Monitor Mode I receive the following error:

Unable to parse filter string (Unknown data link type 105).

Is this a libpcap problem?  How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Aron