Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Tethereal -w flag

From: "Jennifer Tso" <tsojm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:58:01 +0000

I am trying to get the ouput that tethereal gives to go to a file. The command I use to generate output is:

tethereal -i \Device\Packet{...}

This outputs the information to the screen. I need it to go to a file. So I tried:

tethereal -i \Device\Packet{...} -w test.txt

This generates an empty file named test.txt.  I thought the output is suppose to go to this file. Am I doing something wrong? I tried to get around the whole thing by trying:

tethereal -i \Device\Packet{...} > test.txt

But it seems that tethereal does not send output to stdout. So that didn't work either. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.