Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] How to Recognize Wireless Card in Red Hat 7.3?

From: "Robinson, Eric R." <erobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:25:36 -0700
I have installed Red Hat 7.3 from scratch about six times, and have had no
success getting it to recognize a wireless adapter. I have tried two
different wireless adapters: a Netgear MA401 (Prism2) and a Compaq WL110
(Orinoco).

ifconfig shows eth0 and eth1 both "up." But the "Network Configuration" gui
shows eth1 as "Inactive." If I try to activate it, it says, "Cannot activate
device eth1." The Hardware tab describes both devices as 3Com
3c590/3c595/3c90x/3cx980." This is not true. Only eth0 should say that,
right?

/proc/net/wireless reads as follows:

Interface:	eth1
Status   :	0000