Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] pcap: File has 3379042344-byte packet, bigger than maximum of 6

From: "Ruud Huynen" <ruud.huynen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:56:57 +0200
I use ethereal 0.9.3.1 and winpcap 2.3 on Windows NT Version 4.0 (Build 1381: Service Pack 6).
I several times saw a message like:

pcap: File has 3379042344-byte packet, bigger than maximum of 65535

The capture file can only be read till this packet.
I saw two postings in the mailing list dated in 2000 but they didn't have
a useful response for me.

Is somebody else experiencing this problem?
Is the problem eventually solved in the newer version?
Is this the correct mailing-list ?
How can I further help to fix this problem?

regards
Ruud

Clariden Bank
Department I&O/T.INTF
Ruud.Huynen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel +41 1 205 64 69
Fax +41 1 205 62 72

This message is intended for the addressee only and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you
are not the intended receiver, any disclosure, copying
to any person or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on this e-mail, is prohibited and may be un-
lawful. You must therefore delete this e-mail.
Internet communications may not be secure or error-free
and may contain viruses. They may be subject to possible
data corruption, accidental or on purpose. This e-mail is
not and should not be construed as an offer or the
solicitation of an offer to purchase or subscribe or sell
or redeem any investments.