Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Is Mobitex protocol supported?

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 02:11:19 -0700
On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 10:04:01AM -0400, Zieniewicz, Matthew CECOM RDEC C2D wrote:
> In your protocol list, you have Mobile IP.
>
> I need support for Mobitex protocol by Ericsson, used by Cingular (BSWD) for
> Palm transmissions.
>
> Is this supported? Do you mean Mobitex by the Mobile IP reference?

No.  "Mobile IP" refers to stuff in RFC 2002 (and its successor RFC
3220), and so on.  That stuff is at the IP layer and above; it doesn't
involve the Mobitex protocol (although if you can run IP atop the
Mobitex protocol, you could presumably run the Mobile IP stuff atop it
as well).

There is no support for the Mobitex protocol in Ethereal, as nobody's
written any code to support it.