Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] msproxy protocol

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:17:43 -0700
On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 12:23:13AM -0700, Ed Sawicki wrote:
> I just upgraded to ethereal version 0.9.4 and some of the captured
> DNS packets (UDP port 53) are being decoded as the MSproxy protocol.

Traffic to UDP port 1745 might be decoded as MSproxy packets, because
that's apparently the MSproxy port.

Unfortunately, there is an inherent risk that traffic going from the
port for protocol A to the port for protocol B might be dissected as
traffic for the wrong protocol.

"packet-msproxy.c" hasn't been changed significantly in recent releases,
so this is probably *not* the result of an upgrade unless you upgraded
from a pre-0.8.8 version, as 0.8.8 was the first release with the
MSproxy dissector.

Try disabling the MSproxy dissector from the dialog box popped up by the
"Edit->Protocols".